Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows. The result is natural, beautiful eyebrows.
The practice aims to give you an effortless full brow so that there is no need for expensive brow pencils or gels. It’s ideal for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows.
There are many techniques and approaches to microblading. There are 1D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes all go in one direction. There are 3D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes are laid out in a specific pattern across the eyebrow ridges, creating a 3D effect. “6D Eyebrows” where the actual depth of the microblade varies on each individual hairstroke. This creates an even more dimensional and natural result. All of these approaches are valid and part of the art of microblading, but our artists use the 3D and 6D techniques.
1.) Its not permanent, its semi-permanent
2.) Most people require 2 sessions to get their ideal brow shape
3.) It could take up to a few hours for the first session
4.) Your brows will lighten after the first week
What's the process like: Micro-blading is done by manually inserting pigment into the upper layers of skin to give the impression of fullness and shape to the eyebrows. It is done via a manual blade so strokes are sharp and crisp. Lastly, the results of this method should look natural and just like hair strokes.
Makiaj Beauty is your destination in Scottsdale, AZ for beautiful eyebrow microblading. Eyebrow transformations take 2 hours and last up to 2 years. Wake up every morning to perfect, smudge-free eyebrows! Book an appointment here!
1) we interview you
2) we draw your best brow
3.) we numb your brows
4.) microblading begins
Many people ask us: is microblading painful?
Most of our clients report little or no pain. Often they say it's a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, at most. Some clients have literally slept through the appointment! We leave a topical anesthetic on the eyebrow area for 20 minutes before we begin the process, so this leaves most clients totally numb during the procedure.
FAQ - Who Should Avoid Microblading?
While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation: Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis: Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area: Depending on the timing, we recommend to getmicroblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy: Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows: This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Those with oily skin: Those with very oily skin are unfortunately not good candidates for microblading. Those with less oily or combination skin, may consider a microblading plus shading combo. We have a blog all about microblading solutions for oily skin, if this applies to you.
- Those with a dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup: The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough for us to draw hairstrokes. We ask anyone with a previous eyebrow tattoo to send us an email with a picture of their eyebrows with no makeup on, so we can evaluate.
- Those with allergies to alcohol or numbing agents: If you think you might have an allergy to our ink, numbing cream, or alcohol (which is in the ink), then you may have a reaction to our work.
- Microblading is for adults only! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at Microblading LA not to work with children, even with a consent form.
Saving one brow at a time!
Makiaj Natural Strokes
Wake up every morning with the eyebrows you were born to have!